Duplicating Tasks Feature Request

It would be great if task defaults could be set to include all the things I can include when duplicating a task.
Alternately, it could be helpful to specify the quantity of duplicates one would like to create. Often I want to create many tasks from a task template I’ve made. It’s great to be able to duplicate a task but it’s tedious when I have to do it one at a time for many tasks.

Thanks for your feedback @Jonathan_Moxness; I agree with you, being able to choose how many copies you want to create would be super useful! Hopefully this is something we can implement in the future :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

AND “if task defaults could be set to include all the things I can include when duplicating a task.” I hope this gets implemented too!!

In thinking about using template tasks, it’d be nice to also specify the team–>project the task should be copied into at time of duplication instead of moving it after creation. Just less steps…

I tested out the duplicating project feature on Asana to make sure it would carry all the data we needed into multiple projects if that is something we did, but it does not. With all options checked when duplicating, it is bringing over mockups, subtasks, and attachments but it is not bringing over the conversations/approvals to go along with it.

Is there a way to bring over ALL information?

Hi @Michael_Kriz and welcome to the Forum! :wave:

As it stands, it is no possible to duplicate a Task with it Conversation. Hopefully this is something we can implement in the future.

We already have a thread regarding this request so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback and votes! I hope it’s OK.

Have a great Friday!

I find myself wanting to duplicate a task with sub-tasks more than one time.

Feature would be to Duplicate a number of times. ie: Duplicate, default 1, change default to 20 and proceed.

I have a very dirty trick for this. Create 20 guest accounts (with email like yourname+1@gmail.com, yourname+2@gmail.com). All emails will fall into your Gmail account. And then assign a copy of a task to all those people → that will duplicate the task x times :sweat_smile: told you it was dirty.

Welcome to the Forum @Martin_Katzenmeier and thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

I was able to find an existing thread regarding this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with it to consolidate feedback. Please don’t forget to upvote!

Have a great week!

Yes, please!