Drag and Drop not Working

The drag and drop works in the “Tasks” list but it doesn’t work in the sub-task area. Help!

Hi @Karina_Laufenberg, could you test it with an incognito window or another browser?

Could you also confirm what you’re try to drag and where you want to drop it?

Any additional info would be super useful to look into this! Looking forward to you reply!

Hi Marie -

Thank you for your reply!!

I’m actually submitting this on behalf of my boss. He is currently just trying to drag sub-tasks to reorder them. He has a desktop app he uses for Asana - something I don’t have and cannot find myself to download and test. Does that help?

Hi @Karina_Laufenberg and thanks for your reply!

Asana does not have an official desktop app, so my guess is that your boss he is using Appsana (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/appsana-suite-for-asana/id1163169386?mt=12), which is a 3rd party product that we haven’t build ourselves. I’d recommend reaching out directly to their developer, possibly via the Appstore (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/appsana-suite-for-asana/id1163169386?mt=12)

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

I had him try it in chrome and he still is seeing the issue.

When he goes to my tasks, he is able to drag and move these items around. However, In each task he has “tags” that he clicks on to get to another list of tasks - these tasks he is unable to drag and move around as needed.

Thanks for getting back to me!

From what I understand, it looks like he his trying to drag and drop from the Tag View, which is the view you get when you click on a specific tag to see the list of tasks with this tag. On the Tag view, tasks are automatically sorted by project. So moving tasks around on this page would result in changing the task project, which we don’t allow with drag and drop!

Hope this makes sense, but if you have any follow-up questions, please let me know! And if you think this is not the situation you’re experiencing, could you please share a screenhot (or even better a screencast), showing from where you’re trying to drag and drop these tasks, it would be super helpful to continue helping you!

Looking forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Hi Marie,

That does make sense! However, he swears he was able to do it before. I have a screen recording of his issue, but I can’t get it to send through. Do you have an email I can send it to?

1 Like

Did you ever resolve this? I’m having the same issue!

We have the same issue with version 120.0.6099.130 after Chrome update.

It works with Firefox.