Download multiple attachments at once

Relatively new Asana user here, and am REALLY surprised and disappointed that multiple attachment downloads is not supported. Seems like a fundamental requirement in any project workflow tool, especially online.

4 Likes

I agree this is awful

2 Likes

Are there any news regarding this issue?

Yes, it’s really a nightmare to download every single file. Any news in this topic?

I’d really love to have this feature as well… labor intensive to manually download each attachment. Ideally it would zip the attachments as well, like Gmail when you download all attachments.

yes pleeeeaseeee !!!

Hi Adam, I’m Daniel from Bridge24. We would like to implement that feature into our product. If you could send us your code, that would allow us to release that feature very quickly. Contact us at support@bridge24.com In exchange we could give you a lifetime premium account.

2 Likes

Anyone found a solution?

Any more on this?

Surprised this hasn’t been added - we have loads of images being added by clients so this would be very useful.

1 Like

I can´t believe that there´s not a solution yet.
Please help us!

4 Likes

Well, it’s probably they want to make it payable

I wrote a little python code that will allow you to do this using the python asana library. It goes through a given project and dowloads all the attachments linked to each task in a folder.
Gist here if anyone is interested.: download_asana_attachments · GitHub

1 Like

Still really want this functionality!!

2 Likes

I’m happy for you to use my code Daniel! Lifetime premium account would be nice too :slight_smile:

Hey Daniel, This is awesome. it totally works. any chance there is a way to extend this out to get attachments in multiple projects?

Hi John, assume you are talking to me?
You should just be able to pop in different project IDs at the top for each project.
If you want to do it automatically, then popping all the projects into an array and then running a for loop outside of the for tasks loop should do the trick.
If you want to change folders, you can have some sort of dictionary with project ID & base folder and then change the folder name to pull from the dictionary?
Something like that. Should be pretty simple.
G

1 Like

I think your print statement is outside the inner for loop? If so, it makes sense that it would only print the url twice (i.e. once for each run in the outer loop as project_id only has two projects)

I also think you need to move the tasks line to within the first loop so python pulls the tasks for the current project. Otherwise I’m not sure which project it is pulling the tasks for.

See some changes to the code below:

for gid in project_id:
tasks = client.tasks.get_tasks(project=gid)
    for task in tasks:
        print(url)

Bridge24 just released a new File Download Manager for Asana. Simply open a task from the Edit Task panel and click the Download link to zip and download all the files from that task.

2 Likes

that’s ridiculous. a function so rudimentary being ignored for a paid service.

3 Likes

It’s been several yrs since this was requested. Are they really requiring a minimum $25/m outside service instead of implementing 5 lines of code?

2 Likes