Add a "download all" button to tasks & conversations

We frequently upload multiple files to tasks & conversations, and it is pretty frustrating to have to download everything individually. It would be great if there were a “download all” function. Or, at the very least, a download button next to each file, so you can just hit the download button instead of opening it, saving it, and closing the file’s window. Thanks!

I am merging your request with Download multiple attachments at once :wink:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is it possible to quickly download multiple files attached to a task?

@Bastien_Siebman I didn’t want to contribute to that particular thread since it is under tips and tricks, and not product feedback. This way we can now vote on adding a “download all” button. But thanks anyway!

1 Like

Alexis is going to move it to Product Feedback :stuck_out_tongue:

Client uploads 10 images to an Asana task… I need to individually download them, then upload them to a blog post. So clunky! (I’ve asked client to use Dropbox or Google Drive but “it’s so easy to upload to Asana from my phone!”)

Please, please, make a “download all attachments” button for tasks.

11 Likes

Totally. I also run into this with my other team members, who hate all the individual downloading and prefer that I use Google Drive and just share links in tasks instead of uploading attachments to Asana. But I’d rather all our project assets be in one place (within the Asana project!) instead of scattered across platforms.

4 Likes

I as well am requesting this be added. As a graphic designer, even if there are 6 small files to download it’s easier to be able to do so at once. I understand Asana is not storage facility, but for smaller files, it is so much quicker to do things directly in the app.

2 Likes

When is there going to be an option in Asana to download all items at once or select items to download at once?
It’s really annoying having to download images one by one.

2 Likes

Hi @Daniela_Polosezkey

There’s a similar thread here, if you want to vote on it:

@Bastien_Siebman Is it worth merging posts?

5 Likes

Hi there, it’s a bit time-intensive to take three clicks just to download an attached media file. Once to open it in a preview…which isn’t super helpful as you can’t do anything in it…and then another click to click on the Download link on the top - and then another click to download the file, or drag to desktop.

Coming from Wrike…it would really save everyone a heck of a lot of time if you added a download icon right by the thumbnail in the task - to download the file with one easy click.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Peter_Leonard; I’m just going to merge this post with Add a "download all" button to tasks & conversations - #9 by Daniela_Polosezkey to centralise all feedback!

1 Like

When is there going to be an option in Asana to download all items at once or select items to download at once?
It’s really annoying having to download images one by one.

2 Likes

We don’t have the moderation rights, @Kaitie will decide :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for flagging, @Bastien_Siebman. I’ve merged this to the thread @Mark_Hudson mentioned.

2 Likes

I saw the new “download button” and the ability to click through all the files while on the same screen. Definitely a huge improvement, thank you! Still would love a “download all” button as well, but hopefully that’s in the works now that this new “download” window has been implemented. Thank you

4 Likes

Unsure whether an update to functionality has been added since this last comment (appreciate it if you could recommend where I should look) but given all the requests and acknowledgment that Asana is not a file storage facility, a “download all” function would truly make Asana a well-rounded GTD app.

Hi @Karissa_Villa! I don’t have an update at the moment but will make sure to update this thread as soon as I do!

1 Like

Is there a way to export all documents in a project at once? Perhaps in a .zip or other compressed file type?

2 Likes

Not at the moment @Brad_Makaiau but this is definitely on our radar. We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback in this regards. I would suggest clicking on the “Vote” button at the very top of the thread to add your vote for this feature request!

2 Likes