Do you track your time?

I’ve been using Clockify as a standalone time tracker. It’s got Asana integration (a timer button appears in Asana via Chrome extension) so tracking time is quite convenient.

I simply start a timer, and when I’m finished, I go to the app itself to associate each time entry with a project (they don’t necessarily correlate with projects in Asana).

But the best thing about Clockify is that - unlike all the other apps (like Toggl, Harvest, Timecamp) - Clockify is absolutely free and lets you have unlimited users.

6 Likes

I agree with this too. They really should provide an internal time tracker into Asana. The 3rd party time trackers offer some great solutions, but I don’t need over half of it… I don’t need this for invoicing (as an example). I just need to track how much time is lost into what projects/tasks.

9 Likes

Our company develops CRM System and uses hourly pay. For time tracking we decide to use Hawk-I GPS Punch Clock. It is simple time tracking and project management software. I can recommend this for small and medium businesses

1 Like

same here, the seamless integration with Asana from Asana Time Tracking for Windows, Mac, Linux is a huge advantage.

1 Like

I’d also be REALLY into this function…

Blows my mind that Asana still doesn’t have time-tracking built in, it goes hand-in-hand for me and integrations aren’t necessary.
Comment submission times are tracked - how difficult would a “start” time be to add to the comment’s post time, to make an entry based on comments - it’s already there…

4 Likes

Hi,
we are working now with zistemo which is really fully integrated into Asana including Budget per tasks and extended time management functionality without switching between Apps.
I’m happy with it since after time tracking comes recurring invoicing, retainers and partial payments.
Monika

Why don’t you give a try to AccountSight, It’s free time tracker and it allows custom integrations as well.

And is there a way to track time in the Asana mobile app?

1 Like

hey, I’ve been following this tread, do you mind me asking what you ended up doing? We need a simple and cost effective way to plan projects and assign costs (team members) to the project.

1 Like

I am trying to consolidate the pros and cons of each time tracking solution, if you want to help Time tracking in Asana: a community built comparison
Most answers here are old, I am not sure I should take them into account.

Hi @Kaitie, I’ve been using TMetric for several years and I really love this app. It integrates with Asana and you can track time spent on tasks from Asana board. Besides, you can get detailed time reports.

Hi, I have tried a few integrations and ended up using zistemo to track my time in Asana. Can recommend, great tool.

1 Like

Hello @Monika I tried to connect zistemo with Asana and did’n work. The app could not to sync my tasks. Is it happen with you anytime?

Hello everyone,

I’ve come a few years after this topic was started, but I’m particularly interested in the subject of your discussion.

As part of my research, I am interested in the quantification of working time thanks to time-tracking tools and I am therefore looking for people to interview to tell me about their experience with this practice.

Would any of you have a little time to spare for this?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Simon

I am happy to work in TMetric that can be smoothly connected to Asana for time tracking. The integration enables me to have the Start timer button in Asana and to easily track time per each task. I also like that TMetric offers a simple interface, billing and invoicing options, and detailed reports.

This would be the perfect solution I just wish that when you hit stop it either

a) Logged the time as a comment or

b) Added it to the description.

It would be so much better if that info was logged in Asana without having to go to another website to see the time.

1 Like

My one love is Tracklify, it is like an extraordinary approach that decides where and how to drive the flows of tasks. My feeling when I was trying it was like: “it is crazy, what is going on? I can’t understand…” But you know, after a couple of days or so you feel like - that’s the most simple and convenient tool ever.

This course isn’t currently available. Is there another URL I’m able to access to familiarize myself with Time Tracking in Asana?

Hi all,

Waclaw from Everhour is here. We truly believe that we are well-integrated with Asana for a number of reasons:

1. You can see time tracking controls inside your Asana interface. It allows to track time and set estimates on tasks.
  2. This information shows up in our reports.
  3. You can set hourly and money budgets on your projects and track progress.

We are working hard to develop a new cool thing which we will call Timeline. It will aim at syncing your start and end dates from Asana tasks, task estimates, assignees into our dashboard where you will be able to see the spent vs. planned time by employee, project or client.

1 Like