Difference between (Away) user and deleted user?

To avoid issues detailed in my first post I was wondering what the difference between deleting a user and having them show up as “away” is.

Secondly, if companies are listing former employees as “away” are they still able to access personal boards if their personal email address is attached/linked to asana, but they would not be able to see company boards?

Hi @LisaMM11! These are two very different features :slight_smile:

The show up as “away” is essentially an indication that you are on vacation, it indicates to other users that you might not be able to respond or complete a task until you’re back; and no worries, with this option, you will still be able to access your tasks when you come back from your holidays. Only users can enable this function from their account, you cannot do it on their behalf. You can learn more about this feature in this handy article: How to Control Your Profile Settings in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide.

On the other end, when deprovisioning a user (Setting up an organization in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide), you are effectively removing them you Organization and they won’t be able to access their task anymore!

Hope this helps to clear things up; but if you have any questions, let me know! :slight_smile: