Desktop app login flow not working

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: The desktop app makes me re-login every 7 days. The website redirects do not work to log me into the desktop app. I have to delete and re-install the app every week.

Steps to reproduce: Log in to the Asana desktop app after the 7-day login period has expired. Follow the instructions. Fail at getting the desktop app to work.

Browser version: Google Chrome: Version 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Hello @anon93946554, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Hm that is strange. And you have the latest updates installed? (PC and Chrome) I am asking as often missing updates can cause various issues.

Or any antivirus software that might be blocking something?

If you have also checked the troubleshooting steps then I recommend to reach out to support to look into this.

I’m seeing the same issue, where after the auto-log out, the desktop app prompts me with the “We’ll take you to your browser to complete sign-in and then bring you back to the app.” but does not relaunch the desktop app after successfully logging in - Just opens the browser version of the app.

Hi @anon93946554 and @Drew_Williams, thanks for flagging this!

Please try these troubleshooting steps and let me know if any of these resolve the issue → Asana supported browsers and troubleshooting steps | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Turning off browser extensions worked for me. I guess doing that every seven days is better than having to uninstall then reinstall the app!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.