Deleting Sections WITHOUT Deleting Tasks

Hi,
We ned to be able to delete a section without the tasks within being deleted.
Deleting a section which has tasks within should throw up the option to delete or orphan the enclosed tasks.
Thanks,
Gareth.

Hi Gareth,

I suppose it would be a good feature for Asana. But there is an alternative way for this action. (If you are using Windows) While you pressing the shift and ctrl you can select the tasks which you don’t want to delete and than move the all tasks somewhere else and than you can delete the section.

Agreed, but the way we use Asana, we create hundreds of tasks per week within many sections that are started/completed quite quickly. Asana has a limit of selecting max. 50 tasks as a time. I have 1 section at the moment with 2500 tasks in it that I want to delete.

2 Likes

Hi @Gareth_Little,

I can completely understand the pain that you are feeling. 2500 is a lot of tasks! Seems like that ability to select more than 50 tasks might help decrease the burden. Based on how they have redesigned the sections Asana might be able to accommodate that modification more quickly. You may want to start a product feedback to be able to select more than 50 tasks for voting. Just a thought.

Katie

We would like this feature too. Even just letting us mark a section as complete would be helpful.

I would think that if you had tasks in two projects, and you delete a section from one project, that it would leave the tasks in the other project intact. Apparently not. Please fix this.

Jut added my vote.
I agree that this should be the default. it should be the same behavior than when deleting a project. By only deleteting “Any unassigned tasks that are only in this project”

Hi everyone!

I have some exciting news to share with you today! Our team is rolling out an update that allows you to delete a section without deleting all tasks :tada: If the tasks aren’t deleted, they’re moved to the top of the project into the “(no section)” section.

This update will be available to all customers soon! Let me know if you have any questions or feedback! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.