Delete and start again?

I would like to trial Asana again. I must have used it in the past because when I login an old web designer’s photo appears down the left hand side. I cannot seem to remove him

Hi @Nick_Robinson1 and welcome to the Forum!:wave:

It sounds like you already have an account and you are a member of a Workspace or an Organization.

I would recommend you to keep the same account, leave the old Organization or Workspace and create a new one. Please see our Guide to help you create this Organization or Workspace:

If you have any questions or you need assistance, I encourage you to reach out to our support team: Asana Support - Help Center • Asana. They’ll be more than happy to help!

I hope this helps! :grinning:

Thanks. In error yesterday I have upgraded the account. I got this message when trying to action what you said: -

Cannot Remove Yourself from the Workspace
You are currently the billing owner for this Workspace. Billing owners must remain members.

Hi @Nick_Robinson1!

Let’s see if we can solve this together. I would recommend you to follow these steps:

1. Make sure that the first thing you do is to cancel the trial you subscribed by mistake on your ‘old’ Workspace. You can read how to do it in this article: How to Upgrade & Manage Billing Options in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide (it works the same way with trials). By doing this you won’t be the billing owner anymore.

2. Delete everything you need to delete from the ‘old’ Workspace

3. Leave this Workspace.

4. Create a new one. Then, you can try and upgrade this one.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Hello,
I would like to remove everything from our Asana (Teams, projects, tasks) but keep the same organization and members. I have already deleted the teams and projects but the tasks still remain active. How do I completely reset Asana in order to accommodate our new structure? Thanks!

I am in the same situation as Alexandra. It is ridiculous that you cannot delete an organization after a trial period ends. I am the only member of both organizations so I cannot leave…

1 Like