Delete after X time rule

It would be great to have a time based rule templaet to choose. When I complete a task I have a rule which moves it to my Done list. I like this so I can see what I have achieved at the end of the day. I would be great to have another rule which could delete a task x days after the completion date. This would save me having to delete old taks manually.

2 Likes

Hi @anon41133403, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. I’ve gone ahead and updated your title slightly to make it more discoverable for other users - I hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:

While this feature isn’t available at this time, I’ll let you know if it’s something our Product team implements in the future. :slight_smile:

@anon41133403 why do you want to Delete the task?

I would probably use a Report or similar to determine what I have achieved this week. Rather than utilising a Done List and then deleting and losing all of that information.

Regards

Jason.

@Jason_Woods Thanks.

I use Asana for my daily to do list and love the fact I can forward emails directly into Asana. The Done list gets full quite quickly and only adds value to me as I can see what I have achieved that day. I delete old tasks daily so having this automated and rule based would be great and 1 less job for me to do. Ill look into reports as I havent used these yet.