Default assignee

+1. Migrated to a simpler but powerful competitor (Sunsama) because of small issues like this that Asana has never dealt with. Still, some teams force me to use Asana, and this is still an issue years later.

3 Likes

Common guys, can we already have this? I use it only for me! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

BIG +1 in fact… crank it up to +11 =)

Another big +1.

In a team of one it is an unnecessary additional step that is very easy to skip over - the result being occasionally missing daily tasks when working from the calendar view of My Tasks - this is essential - please, please add!

+1 here

Just delved into Asana to help better manage personal projects, and I find the lack of this feature quite the dealbreaker when it comes to considering the paid tiers. +1 from me.

Hey evrybody, i also would like to set a default assignee for new tasks

1 Like

I’m a new user and just recoiled in horror that I have to manually add myself to tasks I create, and that there is no way to assign a default. Add another vote for me. Thank you.

Baby start-up company of 1 person here. I’ve just started using Asana and loving it over Trello for the project management and task list integration BUT found having to individually assign subtasks to myself a real drag. I’m not a business customer YET as my budget for getting started is all spent up but that’s not to say I won’t become a paying customer as my business develops. Sad that there isn’t a real work around, other than creating tasks in My Tasks and then having to assign them to the correct projects - just swings and roundabouts when it comes to the ineffienciency of unnecessary button clicking.

+1 for implementation of a default assignee function on behalf of all the companies of a single person. Pretty please, lovely Asana peeps.

+1 from me too! Have used Asana for years now, both while at an agency and now as a freelancer. Would love the platform to be more inclusive of solo businesses.

Yes, just signed up and wish this was a featured, as I am currently a company of 1.

Count me in as another “how is this not already a thing” vote.

1 Like

The ability to assign a default assignee greatly reduces the risk of forgetting a very crucial tasks. We should be able to turn the option on and off. The lack of this feature is the NUMBER ONE reason I keep trying other applications.

2 Likes

90% of the tasks I create in Asana are for me. When I’m adding a task, it seems crazy that I have to manually assign the task to myself.

Adding a task should be quick and simple. Not a laborious task.

Please, Asana, make your service easier to use. Right now it’s cumbersome to add tasks. I just want my tasks to automatically be assigned to me.

Add me in. Please add this soon, asana.

It’s been three years and 155 posts/replies (so far)!

Until/if Asana offers this feature, I’d like to mention these two potential workarounds that may at least help some folks.

I don’t believe either has been suggested above yet in all this time:

• Use Tab+M to quickly assign to yourself (/cc @Matt_Maldre)
  • Use Rules (if on Business plan) with trigger New Task Added and action Assign To.

Thanks,

Larry

6 Likes

If a project is private to me. The tasks should by default get assigned to me.

6 Likes

Another ++++++1 . Having to manually assign tasks I am creating for myself to myself is hugely clunky and borderline ridiculous. Even for teams, it is often appropriate to have one person assigned by default.

2 Likes

I’m using an iPad Pro + Magic Keyboard setup, but the ipad app doesn’t have keyboard shortcuts yet so the Tab+M workaround doesn’t work. Add me to the list of people that would love to see default assignee added as a feature!

+1 looking for a default assignee

3 Likes