Dark mode for web and desktop is here! 😎

Hi all :wave:t2:

:rocket: We are happy to share that today we’re beginning to roll out dark mode for both Asana’s web interface and for the new desktop application.

We know that this is an often requested feature, and are excited to provide you with the option to view Asana in your preferred mode. We also hope this helps more users get into the Asana flow, as dark mode may be associated with reduced eye strain and easier readability for some users. :raised_hands:t2:

This accompanies the iOS launch that rolled out in March 2020.

:question: How to enable: Dark mode may be enabled by going to your profile > My Profile Settings > Display and then toggling to Dark, Light, or “Sync with system settings” under Theme.

As always, we want to hear what you think! Please share your comments and feedback below.

Happy viewing, in whatever mode you prefer! :sunglasses:

48 Likes

Hi, no Dark mode option for me:

1 Like

Hi @Patrick.EMIN :wave:t2: We are rolling this new feature out over the next week :tada: If you don’t have the option to turn on dark mode just yet, you will soon! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

3 Likes

Yay!

3 Likes

Finally!!!

3 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

YAHOOO. Thanks a lot for this DARK MODE.
Please do enable it in Forum.asana.com too.

3 Likes

Finally <3 I have been waiting for this day for a LONG time. THANK YOU

4 Likes

Hi Rebecca,

I’ve followed your instructions and do not have the option to toggle Dark, Light, or “Sync with system settings” under Theme (there is no “Theme” to work with).

I see you have told another user to wait it out a few days. Is there an ETA? I suffer from horrible headaches and migraines and a having a dark background wherever possible is key.

Thanks,
Andrea

Dark mode works and it’s awesome but the no background themes are displayed.

1 Like

Hi @anon22008573, thanks for checking in! Dark mode is currently rolled out to 50% of users and we’re expecting it to be rolled out to 100% by Monday June 7 :slight_smile: I’ll post a comment on this thread when we’re at 100% :slight_smile:

1 Like

This makes me so happy! Thanks Asana!

1 Like

Just started using Asana today and my favourite feature is rolled out, great! Any details about dark mode for Android users?

3 Likes

The weather is very gloomy in Dallas TX today. A perfect day to be awarded Dark Mode.

4 Likes

I’m happy for everyone who likes this, but my eyes can’t take dark mode, which I never use, but for folks that like it! Good!

4 Likes

Love it! So much easier on the eyes. Kudos to the Asana team!

3 Likes

Any updates on the 100% roll out? Still no dark mode here.

2 Likes

Thank god! Thanks so much guys!

1 Like