Customize Notification Settings

It would be great to have the ability to customize the notifications. This is something that each user should have the ability to control over what they want notifications for including the Asana Inbox.

We are finding that we are getting death by notifications and is a real downfall of Asana. It is getting hard to triage everything single little thing coming in - our team is getting 100s of notifications in a day and is just not effective. And every time somebody at mentions you - you then become a collaborator automatically which is frustrating as then you all of sudden start getting those notifications too. It would be hard to go through thousands of tasks that we have create to try and take ourselves off each individual task and subtasks. Mostly we opt to use the @mention which is super useful as that way as a team we can decide what info is important for us to see and what isn’t.
In another project management software we have been using give you the options to customize what you get notifications for and is far more effective way to receive notifications. Each of the follow is the ability to check which ones you would like:

Notify me by email when:

• Someone @mentions me
  • Someone assigns me a task
  • Folder or task I follow is shared with someone new
  • Report is shared with me or delivered on schedule

For tasks assigned to me or created by me:

• Date, Assignee, or Status is changed
  • Task description changes, or files are added
  • Someone comments without @mentioning me or my group
  • Task is added or removed from a Project or Folder

For other tasks I follow:

• Date, Assignee, or Status is changed