Customizable dashboard for project overview

The project summary should be a visual tool. Its current layout is too limited. It doesn’t have enough customization options.

When working with clients and adding them to the projects, Asana can be a bit overwhelming and a good summary dashboard can help with that.

Maybe some drag and drop options to include images, videos, text blocks, etc.

7 Likes

So basically you would want the “brief” from the overview to be fully visible in the Overview tab?

1 Like

I’ve searched and can’t find out how to edit the Project Overview page.
How do I remove sections and re-organize them?

For instance, Connected Goals appears automatically and I want to remove that section completely. I want to move up the Key Resources section to the second spot (above project roles).

10 Likes

Hi @Heather_Sasser

To edit content on the Project Overview Page:
click on the overview tab, click in the text area and start editing
or
click on ⌄ next to the project name and click on edit project details

Sections like Connected Goals cannot be removed or reordered on the project details page afaik (Not yet at least)

1 Like

Ahhh, that’s why I can’t find that answer.

It would be helpful to make that summary page custom to our needs. I’d love to move those blocks (and add/delete) around to fit our work style.

Thank you!

9 Likes

@Heather_Sasser,

I’ve moved your request to an existing feedback thread so you and others can vote at the top now.

Larry

1 Like

The brief should be part of it, but basically a more user-friendly project overview for people that are not familiar with project management tools. I’m trying to collaborate with my clients within the platform and since I’ve used Asana for 7 years I don’t want to create a trending “client portal” on Notion.

Agree - The goal are useless for our org. It would be nice to remove that giant block.

6 Likes

What if people want to track their team’s goals?

They would not use Asana for that. It’s not how we’re set up. We investigated it but it won’t work for us.

1 Like

A more customizable Overview would be very helpful. We need the ability to hide sections such as Goals and Milestones as they are not suited for every type of project and potentially add custom-labeled content sections similar to the Status Update window. Also, the Project Description editor is missing the headings. If ‘Project Description’ is an H2 at least let us add an H3.

Currently, we are using List Sections and Tasks for project Notes and Documentation because the Overview tab is not flexible enough.

Essentially, we want the ability to create a Client Portal and think a more customizable Overview tab would be a good solution.

5 Likes

Any updates on customizing this page? Would be great to delete sections all together if not used or at least move most relevant to the top.

4 Likes

Any update on this?

2 Likes