Project Brief built into Project Overview

Hey all! The Project Brief, within Key Resources of the Project Overview, is one of our most utilized pieces.

However, it would be great if the Project Brief could just be a templated piece that is entirely viewable from the Project Overview page: the extra click to drill down into it prevents information from being quickly accessed.

Or, just allow the Project Overview page to be more editable, like a document, like the Project Brief, this way all of the information could be inlaid into one place.

Thanks!

Hi @Nick_Rivero, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback.

Hopefully this is a change our Product team can make in the future. I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

@Rebecca_McGrath Is there any way to create more documents like we can create the Project Brief on the Project Overview page?

The Project Overview page is one of the primary reasons I am choosing to use Asana for myself for my business. I love this feature. I just wish we could honestly add more content to our Project Overview page in the same format as we can the Project Brief (to prevent useless uploading of files and have a place for specific content to be available to quickly update if necessary without downloading, reuploading a file.

Also, I just LOVE how the Project Brief element is styled with the nice colour block showing the title on the Project Overview page. It makes it VERY easy to see, faster to find, and simply more helpful then a list of named files - It’s also extremely helpful that the color used to highlight each ‘brief’ matches the color assigned to the project itself.

I would be so grateful as a Premium plan user to have the ability to add MORE of this to my project overview page.

@Rebecca_McGrath I should add that the section where we can type out “How we’ll collaborate” then add a bunch of text there - seems to be a decent spot for the Project Brief, and then where you have “Project Brief” that makes sense to be one of many ‘digital’ documents we can create and have listed one above the other. I hope that makes sense. I really do hope for this functionality.

1 Like