Custom Fields in My Tasks

This was raised 5 years ago??? Why hasn’t anyone done anything???

For the first 3-4 years, My Tasks was a special view, and not a regular “project”. It made it harder to add fields I guess. Then the migration to My Tasks v2 happened, which probably gives the foundation to code it now. However that’s a challenge both technical and UI-UX wise, so we are just waiting to see if Asana will and how they will implement such a feature.

1 Like

Hi, we started using Asana last year and this is one of the first things we found was missing. The feature was raised 5 years ago and is an obvious win for individual task management. Surely the code base can’t be so bad that you can’t add something after 5 years for a program that is made for task management o_O.

It would be nice if the “my tasks” page included a column showing how many hours are planned for that task. Then I can easily see how many hours are planned for the day and exactly which tasks are on my plate in one view.

1 Like

Hopefully in the future we will be able to add any CF from the library.

1 Like

Hi @Chelsea_Carter, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like