Custom fields change to reflect in multiple projects

Hi!

Custom field shared amongst multiple projects. In our workflow, we have tasks that are moved from one project to another depending on the current status of a task. It would be great if a particular set of custom fields could be shared amongst projects, so changes in the set would reflect across projects.

Although I have the same custom fields add in the library and in the different projects, adding values to the custom fields and then share the task to the other projects I need to add the values in each single project.

Is there a way around this where I only need to change the custom field in one of the projects so that its reflected in the projects where that task is shared?

Hope I make sense here…

1 Like

Hi,

I am confused, because if the field is in the library, and added to each project, then this is the same field, even if the task is multi-homed into several projects, it should have one single value for that field… Do you have an example maybe?

@Finn_Stenberg,

The shortcut I use is to one-time create a project and add the set of org-wide custom fields needed for this purpose to it instead of adding these fields to each of the multiple status-based projects. Multi-home any task that needs this set of fields to that new project, along with whichever status-based project the task happens to be housed in at the time.

This use of a project as a collection of custom fields may not be intuitive but it’s useful and can reduce maintenance–if you need to add to the set of custom fields you can do that in a single place now!

@Bastien_Siebman wrote this up once as cherry picking I think.

Larry

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.