Custom Backgrounds

Still no development on this? Such a simple add

1 Like

Seriously, since August 2017 and nothing? No ETA or at least a decision saying “No” with an explanation?

2 Likes

Let us at least just change the colours with a HEX code. I just want a darker grey background

2 Likes

Honestly surprised uploading an image isn’t just standard.
Hoping this gets added soon.
The “stock” asana bg’s are pretttttty boring. :man_shrugging:

Thought I would check in on this again (been waiting for it for 2 years now) and add my vote for this feature.
How, or better yet WHY, is this not available yet?
The ultimate feature would be the ability to customize each board background. But at the very least, PLEASE add the ability to change the default HEX code and/or upload an image across all boards.

6 Likes

:clap:

1 Like

+1 on this feature. It would also be useful if the image could be different for different workspaces. I work with different teams, and it would be useful to see just from the background which team is active on a browser tab.

1 Like

Please add! The available backgrounds are kind of…well…distracting. I just want a black background. Thanks!

1 Like

Still nothing here…? :face_with_monocle::triumph:

3 Likes

The one thing I miss about Tr***o. Custom backgrounds please!

3 Likes

Custom backgrounds please!!!

1 Like

Been waiting a few years for this. Any news? Any plans to implement? I am in Asana all day, this one feature would make such a difference.

1 Like

Here is an easy one. How about adding the option of adding a custom background color?

Hi @David_Eshelman

There’s an existing thread on this if you want to add your vote. It’s already 5 votes up!

1 Like

Hi community,

Wanted to share that a while ago I accidentally stumbled onto a really cool (and community-developed) way that you can get custom backgrounds in Asana! (this is not developed by us).

It seems to work really nicely!

1. Install Stylish Chrome extension from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylish/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe//Aqui

2. Install the “Asana Custom Background” style (remember to on this page upload your chosen background) from https://userstyles.org/styles/148330/asana-custom-background?utm_campaign=stylish_stylepage

3. Bash in the glory of unicorns and rainbows :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

… what I like even more though, is that there’s a Tampermonkey script called “BingBackgroundInAsana” (https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/8813-bingbackgroundinasana) that changes your Asana background photo to the daily bing photo (have a look at www.bing.com and see what it is today) - it looks so lovely!!

1 Like

ok thanks for this solution. but what is on mobile devices like ipad?

Correct, this is only for web! It’s a good feature request that has been logged, this is just a workaround for web in the meantime!

1 Like

I think it would be really cool to have more display options! I love the current ones, but additional ones would be super cool, too!

1 Like

Like what?

More Nature scenes, different interactive displays (like the bats on the spooky theme and the snow on the winter theme).