Custom Backgrounds

Really tired of the default background.

7 Likes

Really want to switch to and sign up for Asana, but the plain backgrounds are a huge turn off. Already bumming me out after a couple days of playing with the free trail.

5 Likes

This really needs to happen. Love Asana, this would make it even better! :grinning:

1 Like

I joined the forum just to vote for this feature! I think it should be an easy win as it’s a relatively simple feature (I think) and adds a lot to the user experience.

5 Likes

It would be good to have a whiteboard image of the session that kicked off that project. Or an illustration of the process that we intended to follow for this project, etc. Or it has an image of the team’s last outing. The background can serve not just an aesthetic but a functional/team building purpose.

1 Like

It takes less than 1 day to implement, really. Please go ahead, just do it!

3 Likes

It’s good to see this thread revived again! I’m still hoping that they’ll add this feature at some point. The mountains and pebbles are lovely but it’d be nice to have a different view for a change.

1 Like

Still waiting for a Custom Background + a picture/avatar for each project.

Very easy to implement and will make Asana more inviting.

8 Likes

Mark me down for custom background functionality.

1 Like

I think this feature would be so wonderful. A simple colour palette to choose from would suffice to be honest.
It’s simple, but it would really help distinguish between projects, and in some cases make it easier to read the actual project, as the current trees picture can be distracting.

2 Likes

Adding my voice here. I would love more background options! I use Asana in my personal life and at work and very different backgrounds for each would be great!

4 Likes

Fully agreed with the above— Let us use custom backgrounds, including a simple color palette to pick from. A solid black background is quite useful.

The stock images they allow you to pick for a background look terrible on a 4K monitor. Especially the one with water waves.

2 Likes

I completely agree. I like the Mineral image available in the currently available images, and I’m grateful it’s there, since I found the default white-on-almost white view to be blinding. I love Asana, but they should follow Trello’s lead on this. They allow even free account a choice from several collections of free images provided by artists on Unsplash, as well as a palette of base colors. Plus you can upload a custom background image (with a Business-level account).

I have several clients and I want them to have a sense of my business every time they login to their project boars. I used a branded custom background in Meistertask and would like to keep it in Asana. Please, let’s push this!

3 Likes

Please add custom backgrounds, Please

1 Like

Surprising that no Asana reps have responded to this long thread…

1 Like

Is there a way to currently do this or would this be a new feature?

@Michelle_Flacks, I’m afraid these would be new features.

Larry

Welcome to the Community, Michelle. There’s an existing thread on this topic, if you’d like to add your vote:

Hi @Michelle_Flacks and welcome to the Forum!

I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing thread @Mark_Hudson has mentioned, to gather all feedback in one place. I hope that’s OK!

Have a great Friday! :grinning:

1 Like