Hi. I’m curious if there are any tips or tricks for importing start dates into tasks via CSV files? I can map every field without issue with the exception of the task start date. I get an error every time. I have checked formatting and don’t see anything out of the ordinary. Any assistance would be great. Thanks!
I’ve just tested it myself and had the same issue. Tasks with only due dates import with no problems, but a start date causes an error. @Michael_A, any ideas?
The first thing that came to mind is that the importer is based on US standard date formatting. Is it possible some of the start dates are in day/month/year standard? (I think this would cause a due date error as well but its the first trouble shooting idea that came to mind)
I’m getting the error message at the point where I’ve chosen the fields and selected Start Import. I’ve double-checked the date fields, and they’re formatted in the American style:
This is the what the error message looks like:
I thought it might be because I’d included a section task with no start or due date, but even after I took the section task out, it still didn’t work. The tasks that contain start dates don’t import at all, but they do when I remove the start dates from the csv file.
In case it matters, I’m using Chrome, Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).
Let me know if you need any more info.
CSV Importer Now Available