CSV Importer duplicates Sections when importing data.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Steps to reproduce: Using CSV Importer to upload data, it creates a duplicate Section that is already created in the project

Browser version: Google Chrome Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Do you mean you import a csv into a project that already have data? @LEGGO any idea if this is supposed to work as expected?

1 Like

Yes it is a project that has data. It works bringing all data but it duplicates the Section/column. In my case it duplicated INNOVATE. My hope was to only bring data (tasks, subtasks) under that mentioned Section/column. Hope this helps to better understand the issue

Hi @anon32730451, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

I suggest you reach out to our Support team with your csv file and they will be able to look into this further for you. You can contact them by following these steps:

This is expected behavior. The workaround is to add a drop-down custom field to the project where the criteria matches the available sections.

In the import file you will list what section you want the task (not subtask) to belong to. You will then create a rule in the project where any new task with a custom field value of X will mov to section X and so on.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and tips, I was able to create tasks under the existing Section/Column in my project. :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.