Creating duplicate records in Asana While importing data from CSV file

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I imported data from the CSV file into a project. There were 5 rows in the file. After importing, I see 10 rows in the Asana project in which 5 of them have null values.

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version: Chrome - Version 103.0.5060.53 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Upload screenshots below:

Hello @anon31901860
if the csv file only had 5 rows, however you can see everything duplicated now this is indeed strange.
I recommend reviewing all entries in the csv and deleting any columns not needed, then create a dummy project and try again there to see whether the same happens.

If so then I recommend reaching out to Asana support and also provide the exact csv you used for the import.
They have more tools and direct insight to your account so I am sure they will be able to have this resolved for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @anon31901860
This also happened to me yesterday. I have to test again and see if it happens again when I do a CSV import.

2 Likes

Hi all! Thanks for reporting this issue :slight_smile: We received some reports about this yesterday and the bug was resolved a few hours ago. Let us know if you are experiencing any problems!

2 Likes

It was quick! Thank you for fixing it, Emily!
I tested it and no more duplicate records. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.