Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: data exported form asana to csv when opened on excel is unreadable (screenshot attached)
Steps to reproduce: export any data from asana and then open csv in excel
Browser version: both chrome and desktop app
Upload screenshots below: uploaded
Hi @Aleksandra_Albera, thanks for flagging this!
We haven’t received any other reports of this just yet. Could you please try the troubleshooting steps below and let me know if any of these resolve the issue?
Looking forward to hearing back from you
About the steps:
- Disable any browser extensions you have turned on - I did, didn’t help
- Update your browser to the latest version - I did, didn’t help
- Clear your browser’s history/cache/cookies - I did that just yesterday, before noticing this issue
- Test for the issue in another one of our supported browsers below to see if the issue is isolated to only one browser or across multiple browsers - same problem on safari, microsoft edge and google chrome
- Check your ability to establish a WebSocket - test ended with a success
- Check the Asana Trust page to see the current status of our servers
However, if I open the CSV file exported from Asana in Numbers not in Excel it works perfectly. What is more, I can export this csv to Excel and still have a file which is working just fine. The problem appears only when you open asana’s csv on excel. Still it’s serious, because I guess many members of the community are working on Windows not MacOs software.
I believe that’s just because when you open it you don’t specify the correct separator, should be comma and not semi-colon. @LEGGO should be able to help.
@Aleksandra_Albera When you start opening the file in Excel, you should see an Import Wizard similar to the following. Just follow the instructions, and be sure to note that your file has headers.
This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.