Creating Dependencies in Asana

Hi there,

I was hoping to get some help on creating dependency reporting. Currently have a board with a number of cross functional projects, I recently rolled out the below reporting which the team found really helpful to gain visibility of the projects. Example below:

Based on team feedback I am looking to evolve the reporting and add some more information, would love some help on how I could do this.

• When teams click into a function like operations and see all the projects, how can they also understand the time required as well as a RACI ( responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed). I would like to have all this information in the below screen.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

@Andrew_Cooper1,

I don’t think you’ll be able to achieve this by clicking on a bar in a chart, however you can do much more with saved Advanced Search Reports:

Note for RACI, there’s a Responsible custom field that’s shown and for dependencies the hourglass icon at the far left (hover says it’s waiting on tasks).

Adding filters (at the bottom of the advanced search) lets you add custom fields which will create columns. You can also sort the results. Get it right before naming and saving and then you can share the URL.

Hope that helps,

Larry

Thanks Larry, appreciate the response

Is there anyway to break up the dependencies in the Portfolio view and then have our teams select time and RACI for each?

Thanks,

Andrew

Thanks, @Andrew_Cooper1.

I’m confused with your last request about Portfolios. Portfolios don’t show tasks (closest is dots for Milestones if you change the Task Progress column), so there’s no way to set task metadata like dependencies or RACI.

Unless you’re talking about RACI as custom fields for projects at the portfolio level?

Thanks,

Larry