Created a new team, but 1 member sees everyone else as Private User

Hello,

I have 3 in my team, 2 with company domain emails, and 1 without. We then have many other ‘guests’ collaborating. The 1 without a company email cannot see the names of any of the guests.

From researching the forum, I think I could resolve by allowing the guests to see/follow the relevant projects, but we can’t share access to full projects to guests, only tasks, so this doesn’t help.

Would giving the team member a company email resolve? If not, can anyone shed some light on how I can resolve this?

Thanks!

HI @Lucy_Walker and welcome to the Forum! :smiley: I’m really sorry for the late reply here.

Let me give you a little bit of context here.

Guests have limited access in the Organization, and can only see what is explicitly shared with them. In order for this guest to see other guest’s name they need to be members of at least 1 Project or follow at least one task together.

You can share a task, a project or you can invite them to the a Team.

• If you share a task with them; they will only see that task.
  • If you share a project with them; they will see that project and all tasks within that project.
  • If you invite them to a Team; they will see all public projects within that Team, providing they’ve been added as a team member.

You can find more information about Project Owner and members in this Guide article: Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

You can also read more about Team permissions here: Team permissions in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up question!