Create Task from Status Update in Desktop App

Would like to be able to create a task from the Status Update screen using the Desktop app on Mac. Is that possible?
I’m using the Status Update as a working agenda and note-taking tool while I’m conducting a Zoom meeting with a client and would like to be able to add a task straight from that screen rather than having to go back to the Overview screen.
Thanks.

Hi @Peggy_Jennings, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Great question! You can use the minimize button (top right) to minimize the Status Update message and then create a task using the quick add button (orange + button) to create a task :slight_smile:

Once the task is created, you can expand the Status Update message again!

Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 15.30.29

I hope this helps!

I don’t see a minimize button on the desktop app for Mac. Am I missing something?

I’ve just got that big “Highlights” column that I can’t get rid of on the right.

Thanks for following up, @Peggy_Jennings! The minimize button is available when you select “Send message to members”, not when clicking a status update indicator like “On track”. Unfortunately, in this case, there is no minimize button and you would need to exit the update to create a task.

I hope this provides some clarity!

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.