Copy and Paste results in text wrapped in HTML code

Occasionally, but more often than I would like, when I paste text to an Asana task I get my pasted text wrapped with HTML code. Example shown at bottom of this post. Sometimes this code can be quite lengthy and tedious to select to remove before trying again.

To be more specific with an example of this happening, here are my steps to reproduce on my iphone iOS (version 16.7.7 as well as a couple prior versions).

As of today, while in Gmail app(version 6.0.240310) on my iPhone (model: iPhone 8 Plus) I open a message (in this case, though I do not think it matters, it was a groups.io digest email), highlight the body of the message, tap on one of the corner bubbles of my selection to tap “copy” from the contextual menu. Then I move over to Asana app (Version 9.91.0, personal account) that is currently open and tap on the task I would like to open and paste into. Once open I click into the task description area, then tap again to get the contextual menu to appear so I can select paste. Here is where things can vary a bit.

Sometimes the result is me getting the text I was hoping for pasted BUT other times if I try and paste a second time right away I get the text wrapped in HTML code. Many time any subsequent pastes also have the code with the text. Other times, when I get the text wrapped in the code on the first paste, I think it might be do to a double tap. I attempt to paste but the contextual menu does not pop up right away so I tap a second time, then finally see the paste bubble, then I get code wrapped text.

I have also experienced this on my Mac OSX desktop but more often on my iphone iOS.

I would love to know if anyone else has been experiencing this and if there might be a resolution.

Here is an example of the text I was trying to copy and paste:
Has anyone successfully lowered cholesterol without medication? I am looking for advice both for supplements and diet. We need to significantly reduce cholesterol.

Thank you,

And here is an example of the text wrapped in code for the same copy of text:

Has anyone successfully lowered cholesterol without medication? I am looking for advice both for supplements and diet. We need to significantly reduce cholesterol.
Thank you,

Let me know if any additional information is needed to resolve. Thanks.

Since the second example of text wrapped in code did not translate properly in the above post I’m adding a screenshot instead. See lower area of image for code wrapped text.

Hi @Scott_Hofmann, sorry to hear about this trouble. I’ve tested this on my end, and I can replicate the issue but with Gmail only, so I’ve escalated the case to our Developers to check if this issue is on our end. I’ll keep you posted :slight_smile:

I appreciate you looking into this. Thanks for the escalation.

1 Like