Copy and paste from asana doesnt 'text wrap' the lines? I just get one long string of text?

Hi

If i copy the whole of the text in a task and then paste it into notepad, a text editor, email, browser, or anywhere - it doesnr copy/paste as it should.

When i paste it, all the ‘returns’ or new lines have been removed and it one large line of text.

This does it on my laptop and phone, both the same.

Ive just tried also to copy the text from one task which is all set out correctly, pasted it into another new task, and its one long string of text again.

I have multiple stock email replies setup that i want to copy and paste to quickly reply to people and i cant use the paste function because of how asana copies it.

Hello Jimmyss I copied to a Google Doc and it works well, hope it is useful. (I copied from the Asana app in my iPad to a Google Doc also in my iPad.) good weekend!

Hi @Jimmyss, thanks for reaching out!

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps below and let me know if any of these resolve this issue for you?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Hi

Ive done the browser checks.

Please note, some ways it works as it should, some ways it doesnt work. I put these down to asana and not user error or other applications.

Things tried:

1. Copy from asana in asana web app with google chrome - fully selected text, copied, pasted into google doc.
    Works ok with correct formatting.

2. Copy from asana in asana web app with google chrome - fully selected text, copied, pasted into a standard text document / wordpad txt file.
    Does not work. Pasted it as a full one line string of text.
    This should work ok, it works from everything except asana.

3. Copy from asana in asana web app with google chrome - fully selected text, copied, pasted into a new asana task
    Works ok.

4. Copy description from asana in android app - clicked on a task, long pressed on the description, chose copy, created a new asana task, edited the description, long pressed, chose paste.

5. Copy description from asana in android app - clicked on a task, edited the description, long pressed and chose select all, created a new asana task, edited the description, long pressed, chose paste.
    Works ok.

Copy from asana in asana web app with google chrome - fully selected text, copied, pasted into a standard text document / wordpad txt file.

Copy from asana in asana web app with google chrome - fully selected text, copied, pasted into a standard text document / wordpad txt file.

Thanks for getting back to me, @Jimmyss. I’d like to escalate this to our Engineering team - would it be possible for you to provide me with a screen recording of the two cases where there is an issue? Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce this behaviour on my end.

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

hi
i will see if i can get screen recordings and come back to you.
thanks

1 Like

Hi @Jimmyss, as I haven’t heard back from you just yet I’ve gone ahead and moved this post to the Closed category. Feel free to reach back out to myself or Support if you’re still experiencing this issue and would like us to look into it further for you! :slight_smile:

Hi
i have recorded my screen showing the error.
it has some sensitive material in it, how can i sent you the link to the recording privately?

@Rebecca_McGrath i think this is correct just replying, do i need to open a new case?

Hi @Jimmyss, you can contact our Support team with the screen recording :slight_smile:

sent it as above throuh to support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.