Converting Team Member to Project Member

Long time Asana user, but I have a question I’m not sure how to answer.
I have added people to my team, but I think I should have added them to a project.
Many are outside of my department, and I don’t want them to be bothered with any notifications or information about items outside of a certain project.

Is it possible to change someone from a Team Member to a Project Member without removing and re-adding them?

MM

1 Like

Not that I know of. But being a member of a team does not notify of anything happening inside the projects (unless I am mistaken), so they should be fine :man_shrugging: don’t they?

1 Like

I just happened to see that I have one guy who is just a member of the team, and the rest are full-on team members.

I really don’t want those outside my department to have access to the tasks and projects that don’t concern them. Does that make sense?

It does but you were talking about being bothered, not having access to private data :slight_smile:

Hi @mortimermouse,

Unless your projects are public to your team, folks you’ve added as members of your team won’t be able to see your projects - so if that’s the case, don’t worry about that.

To answer your initial question, you can’t convert Team members into project members. You will need to first remove these members from your team (you can follow these steps) and then add them manually to each project you want to give them access to!

Hope this helps, but let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

1 Like

Thank you for that information. Very helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like