Company Wiki

We are currently using Asana to build and track Marketing and Sales playbooks but ironically there is no wiki function in Asana for our team to view these. Is this something Asana would consider adding? Thanks

WIKI please!!!

But there is a wiki, this is a comment only project.

I believe this thread should be renamed to point out the exact feature you guys are expecting…

2 Likes

I don’t use comment-only projects for this purpose but your absolutely right, @Bastien_Siebman! It is a great way to represent a wiki until something more robust is available!

1 Like

Came here to look for the same thing. I did some digging and found that slab / confluence / slite all have asana integrations. Slite was the only one you could create tasks from, but it was a little clunky, and not useful if you had a lot of tasks coming from meeting notes.

The new Project Brief, with Rich Text Editing, could be a place to use as a wiki!

I have added the entry F19 in 🔥 Hottest feature requests and their workarounds for that topic, feel free to suggest new workarounds or rewordings.

2 Likes

Do you have any screen shots to show what this would look like? Was trying to test it out, but wasn’t really sure what a comment only project is?

I don’t have a screenshot. A comment-only project is a project where you set the permission to Comment-only, meaning other users can only open the tasks (read the description) and comment. Does that help?

Thanks!

Thank you for including this as entry F19! Our team would really appreciate this option (hopefully in the future).

1 Like

We use comment-only projects for a Wiki, and they work well for us. We prefer the list view rather than the board like @Julien_RENAUD has (it’s more compact), so I’m just going to drop this here in case it’s useful to someone:

• Each task is an article/document. Depending on the topic, the info might be contained in the task description, or attached as a PDF to the task.
  • We use two fields to give people more info about the article.
  • ‘Document State’ is used to tell people how much they can rely on the info (e.g. is it still a draft, or has it been approved?)
  • ‘Wiki Tag’ basically says what kind of article it is. (e.g. ‘Resources’ means a downloadable attachment such as a product drawing, catalog, or data sheet)

Different departments have their own Wikis so the articles are relevant to the people who can see them. Some articles (like IT trouble shooting and contact info) are multi-homed.

4 Likes

Indeed the list view is more appropriate if you have custom fields. The table view will be more visual if you have images. And in any case it is easy to switch from one to the other according to your preferences :+1:

1 Like

We really need a wiki integrated to Asana in our company too.

1 Like

We need a wiki integrated to Asana in our company too.

Yes please!

If Asana had an integrated wiki we would be able to go all in.

We are hoping for something like JIRA/Confluence except not so terrible :slight_smile:

Wiki would be a really awesome add!

yes +1. We would LOVE to not have to use NOTION as well as Asana and just have everything in Asana.

1 Like

And what is missing from Asana at the moment in your opinion?

What’s missing is the WIKI functionality that notion has where you can create pages in different formats that are built for content that your team can search.

We could use a project as a workaround in Asana but it’s not ideal. If you read up this thread people are expressing it in many different ways.

3 Likes

We’ve been using Asana as our primary Wiki for around 18 months. One big issue I have is access control. I.e. comment-only users commenting on the tasks (each Wiki article is a task). This really just clogs up the articles and makes the important info harder to find.

I suppose this is more of a general Asana problem, to be fair… it affects way more than wikis. I love Asana but it really frustrates me that there’s not a proper ‘read-only’ option.

2 Likes