Communication among employees

Hello all, I’m a new user of Asana. Glad to join you on the forum.
My question may be a little off topic, but I need your help! Our team now works remotely, can you tell me how you organize your employees’ communication? What is the first thing to pay attention to? This is our first experience of working remotely, we want to take everything into account.
I would be very grateful for your help!

Hi,

Here are a couple of tips:

• use the comments on tasks. A lot. Especially at the beginning.
  • clarify what the Like button is for. Used too much, it will notify tons of notifications
  • make sure everyone disabled email notifications and uses the Asana Inbox
  • decide if you want to use Asana Messages (at project level, team level, or between members) or use Slack/Teams
  • try to not use emails internally
  • be very clear about what each channel is used for (e.g. urgent messages through WhatsApp, task discussion on Asana…)

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

To add to the great tips that Bastien already shared I want to emphasize on how important it is to keep your team members motivated, especially when working remotely.
Here is a list of tips I prepared a while ago: 💪 Keep your (remote) team motivated with the help of Asana - A to Z

And here are some tips on how to get started with Asana.

And remember it is all a process so in the start some things might seem overwhelming or confusing, some team members might need more guidance than others but over time things will become more and more organized :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! We also recently started working remotely. Today there are a huge number of tools for organizing remote work. In order to choose the right one for you, you need to try and see what opportunities this or that option offers and depending on your needs choose the right one, it all depends on the type of activity, the team and the needs of your colleagues. I liked the article, which has a lot of advice on this subject https://www.helpwire.app/blog/organize-communication-in-remote-support-teams/.
I advise you first of all to choose a tool for conferences, so you can call your team, a tool for shaping tasks, we now work in Asana and messenger for more informal communication.
I hope I was able to help you!