Close date picker automatically after selecting the due date

Only a minor request…

Currently when I change a ‘due date’ using the dropdown calendar box, I have to select the date and then click off the calendar to make it disappear.

There would be less interruption to my flow and it would save me a small amount of time if the calendar would close as soon as I select the date, without the requirement to click again.

2 Likes

Hi @Tim22, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We have recently redesigned the date picker and you can now close the date picker using Enter, Esc or as you mentioned, clicking off the date picker to close it.

We already have a thread on this topic and we are monitoring all feedback. I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback. We don’t have updates at the moment but I’ll make sure to keep everyone posted!

@Emily_Roman Should I raise my issue above (“Just want to add another”) to a new ticket, or is that part of this same UI update? It’s really starting to cause issues now.

I’ve moved your comment to a new thread, @Ray_Gillespie!

I can’t imagine how anyone thought this was good user experience design. It’s the MOST frustrating thing when you’re running a zoom call to set dates to a project and you have to click around like an idiot to close this box every time you add a date.

3 Likes

Adding the ESC to close has helped, thank you.

1 Like