Can't set start date? Yet, paid member.

We’ve been using Asana for a few months now. Suddenly I don’t have permission to add a “start date”. Our company paid for this solution, I’ve created plenty of tasks with start and end dates. How can I now have an inferior free or unpaid version? I don’t understand.

Steps to reproduce:
Try to create task with start and end date. Currently there is a task called (Typeform POC for Nelson) with no start date.

Browser version: Firefox 72.0.2 (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Strangely, the moment you add it to a project the “premium” notification goes away and I can set a start date. That is weird.

Welcome to the Forum @Reinard_Bekker and thank you for reaching out!

Looks like you might have just one team upgraded to Premium as opposed to the entire Organization. Reason why you can only access to Premium features once you add the task into the Project nested in a the Premium Team. You can learn more about Premium Organization vs Premium Teams in the following Guide article: Team vs Org

Can you please confirm this is the case? Looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

Hello Natalia

Thank you for the information. I checked in with my manager and we’re confused. We have an organisational plan with 15 seats paid on an annual plan. We are currently actually using less than 15, so in our minds it is impossible for me not to have access to functionality everyone else has?

I’m not sure what to do next?

Hello @Natalia

I’m new to the platform, not sure if you saw my reply - since I did not tag you correctly.

Regards

1 Like

Hi @Reinard_Bekker and apologies for the delay in responding.

In order to provide you with an accurate response, I have checked our system and I can confirm that you have a Business plan tied to a specific Team within the Organization. It means that only that particular Team benefits from Business features as opposed to the rest of the Teams of the Organization that remain on the basic version of Asana.

When you create a task, specially if you create it from “My Tasks”, make sure to add it to a Project that is nested in the Business Team to have access to the business features.

You can read more about this topic on the following threads:

If you are interested int upgrading the whole Organization, i would recommend you to reach out to our Sales Team who can contact your admin and assist you with the plan that better suits your Organization.

I hope this helps Reinard but please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

1 Like