Setting the start date of task is no longer available in Asana Premium?

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: The set start date button on a task is no longer available in Asana Premium?

Steps to reproduce: Click on the calendar in a task

Browser version: Google Chrome Version 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Evan_Sho, thanks for your report!

If you have a Premium Plan, you should be able to add start date to your tasks. I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our development team so we can investigate it further. In the meantime, could you please send me the URL of the task where you are not able to see the option? If you prefer you can send it to me via DM.

Looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

Hi @Evan_Sho,

Is there any chance you could share a screencast with us? Our team is struggling to reproduce the issue and a screencat would really help us speed up our investigations! In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

If you’re not sure what tool to use for recording your screencast, we recommend using Loom (https://www.useloom.com/).

Thank you so much for your help, we really appreciate it :pray:t3:

Hi Marie,

Thanks for your follow up. After checking all the video setup and recording the video, finally, it is embarrassing to tell… I found out that those task without a start date is a “milestone”, which make sense… I forgot why in the first place I want to mark a start date on a milestone but… really appreciate your effort in checking this out and so sorry for the false reporting…

Thanks and wish you all the best!

Absolutely no problem @Evan_Sho, I’m glad we found the solution! Don’t hesitate to reach out in the future if there is anything we can help with!