Can't Link Asana Project To Private Slack Channel

Hello all :wave:

Why I can’t link Asana project to a private Slack channel? :thinking:

Hi @Linas_Motiejauskas, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! It seems Asana is already linked to your Slack channel, you can click “Manage linked projects” to see what Asana projects you have linked to the channel.

I hope this helps!

There is a problem.
When I press “Manage linked projects” nothing happens in the private slack channel. But when I press “Manage linked projects” in the open Slack channels then all good and the feature is working.

What I can do? How to solve this issue?

Also please check the video for what I mean.
https://i.gyazo.com/343eee85c0e0b65886a266602d53bec7.gif

Hi @Linas_Motiejauskas, thanks for getting back to me and apologies for the delay here! Our support team confirmed they have reached out to you via email in regards to this issue so we can investigate further!

hi @Emily_Roman ! i’m also having the exact issue that Linas reported. when i attempt to link a project in a private channel, i receive this prompt:

“To work in private channels, Asana needs to be invited. Mention Asana to add the app.”
^^^i’m not sure entirely what this means.

when i click “manage linked projects” in my private channels, nothing happens.

most of our work also happens in private channels, so this is really integral to supporting our workflows! thanks!

Hi @anon8370864, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and apologies for the delay here! In order to investigate this further, I recommend you reaching out to our support team and share a screenshot of the message you are receiving when you are trying to link Asana and Slack: How to contact our Support Team ✉