Can't integrate Clockify with Asana

Hi guys,

I’m trying to connect a timesheet app with Asana. I’ve tried a few, but can’t seem to connect and integrate the apps. I’m trying Clockify and would love for it to connect with Asana, but it doesnt appear in my Available apps in extensions in asana, even though I wen’t through all the steps in my Google Chrome extensions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rachele

1 Like

Hi @Rachèle_Pouliot, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

You can set up the Clockify & Asana integration following this steps:

1. Create a Clockify account if you don’t have one already.
  2. Install the Clockify Time Tracker browser extension for Chrome or Firefox. You can find the link to download the extension here. Once downloaded, a timer button will automatically appear in all Asana tasks.
  3. Click Start timer in Asana, and the timer will start ticking. You can stop the timer from from anywhere once you’re finished working on a task.
  4. Run time reports in Clockify.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Unfortunartly, the clock timer in Asana does not appear…

2 Likes

hi @Rachèle_Pouliot Welcome to Asana Community Forum.

I had the same issue once. click on the extension to open it and make sure you’re logged-in. After that reload the page. It should appear in your Asana.

I hope this helps

Mo

Unfortunatly… that doesnt work either… :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, @Mohamed_Saleh!

@Rachèle_Pouliot in this case, I recommend you to contact Cockify support team: support@clockify.me

I hope the issue is solved soon!

I had the same problem. I solved it by clicking on the clockify extension > settings> then checking a few buttons in there such as “Integrations can create projects/tasks/tags”

1 Like

I have the same issue, tried for hours to get the clockify button to work in Asana.

Not sure if this is of any help, but what I’ve noticed is that the Clockify button doesn’t appear on the Asana app for desktop, but it does if you open Asana in the browser.

3 Likes

I used Clockify with Asana and that was great, but now those two do not integrate any more. I’ve tried all the hints above and have not solved the problem.

We are having the same issue here. Have followed all the steps above but no button in Asana for us to start tasks.

Same here. :frowning:

It used to appear, but some days now, it is not…

I was finally able to get it to work by going to integrations with in the browser extension, at the bottom adding a custom domain for app.asana.com, choose asana, and then reloading the asana page. Hope this works for others.

I was able to get it working by adding a custom domain, under integrations within the browser extension.

intergrations → scroll to bottom → custom domain → app.asana.com → select asana from drop down → add → reload asana task page

2 Likes

I have the same problem, and I have tried to follow your suggestion but I’m kind of lost where do you start.
" intergrations → scroll to bottom → custom domain → app.asana.com → select asana from drop down → add → reload asana task page"

Where do I go to find the integrations that you mentioned in your post? thanks for your help!

Click on the clockify icon in your browser toolbar, in the clockify popup click the 3 lines to open the menu, in my case integrations is the third from the bottom. Click on integrations, which opens in a new tab…

Unfortunately its not working for me either :frowning:

Strange its still working for me. I have two urls in my custom clockify urls. One is “apps.asana.com” and the other is “apps.asana.com/” so maybe both are needed.

This is what worked for me!