Can't enable browser notifications in Firefox

Hello, I have the same problem with FF. Cannot set browser notifications, because I dont even see them in My Profile Setting/Notification tab. There is only email to be set for notifications. FF is set to pass trough all the notification requests for Asana. What should I do?

Regards, Sebastian

Hi @Bast and sorry for the trouble there!

I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to a new thread to be able to follow-up more easily on it.

Can you confirm if you can reproduce this issue with a private window? Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history | Firefox Help If so, can you share a screenshot including your full browser window? (Make sure to block out any info)

I usually work with Chrome, but just logged into my account via Firefox and I can see the option for browser notifications (see below).

Looking forward to yoru reply!

Hi @Marie, I tried with private window but it’s still the same (see screen). I also checked on other computer and everythig is ok there. So it seems like it my FF problem. I will let you know when I can solve it.

@Marie I found the solution. Just had to change my cookies&history policy a little bit and put the asana on “white list”. I also had to allow new notifications requests to be send. Anyway, problem solved :wink:

2 Likes

Well played @Bast and thank you so much for sharing the solution with us!

CCing @Natalia, @Phil_Seeman in case this question pops up again in the Forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Marie @Bast So cool to find your thread!

I also don’t get browser notifications in Firefox. Can you screenshot your fix please? I didn’t see any “wishlist” on the browser settings.

My settings
Firefox 80.0.1 (64-bit)
MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

1 Like

@Javier_Rayon Go to Privacy and Security section an then Cookies and Sites Data and put Asana in Exceptions with “allow” status. Then in the same section go to Permissions and in Notifications add Asana again ![ekran- 5|690x167] with “allow” status. Hope this will help. It worked for me. I put some screenshots, unfortunately in Polish, but they might be helpfull as well. Good luck :slight_smile:

(upload://2JpSXrf4IUkquGKNRnGvqN85h4V.jpeg) ekran- 6

ekran- 8

1 Like

Thank you @Bast, really appreciate your help! :pray:t3:

@Javier_Rayon, let us know if you need additional support!

I don’t get browser notifications in Firefox. No notification requests, and browser notifications section is missing from the settings.
I have tried:

• different asana accounts;
  • private window;
  • clear browser profile;
  • Firefox in Linux and Windows;
  • allowing cookies for app.asana.com;
  • setting lowest privacy level in Firefox.
    Nothing helps.
    I couldn’t implement @Bast advice because I don’t see app.asana.com in notifications settings.
    Notifications work well in Chromium-based browsers.

Hi @Marie
Sadly, I have the same problem.
At least I DO see the setting in Asana and its activated.

Notifications and cookies are Allowed (“erlaubt”) (did delete them before, just in case)
grafik

And I tried @Bast 's fix, to add this in exceptions.
grafik
@ХДргДĐč1 you might’ve misunderstoof @Bast 's fix. These settings are not in Asana, but in Firefox (top right corner icon with 3 bars → settings → Privacy and security.) hope it helps

however I could NOT manually add Asana to notifications settings. (as @Bast seems to be saying) I don’t think that’s possible at all. I had to remove it in firefox settings, and got prompted again when I went back to asana site. So it is also activated .
grafik
For reference: I tried that “pushalert” website, seen in screenshot, and also tried web.whatsapp to generally check if notifications work on my firefox or if theres something wrong. Those work fine.
I also tried on a different PC (this one being windows 11, the other being windows 10) doesn’t work on either of them.

On Chrome it worked immediately without any issues. Activate notifications, allow notifications in browser, boom - done. I want to keep using Firefox and not have an extra browser open just for Asana. Hope you can help me. :frowning:

Since I can’t edit the post: I just now got prompted to receive notifications from Asana Commnuity, out of curiosity I activated it and immediately got a notification that its successfully activated
grafik
so EVEN THIS works. Why only not the Asana App Website itself then? :sob:

also as an add to my original Posts first line: I’m just now thinking: it actually isnt the same problem, since I do see the notification settings. Possibly its completely unrelated, since everything is activated and available for me and @Bast 's solution only solves showing the notification setting for them in the first place and then everything works as it should.