Can't add Email Forward Google, "You must login to Google with an email address associated with this account"

I’m trying to add a couple email forwards so I can add tasks via email. I have the main email address associated with the workspace, but emails I forward come from a different email address (hosted on Google). When I try to add it, I get the message, “You must login to Google with an email address associated with this account.” However I am logged in to Google. When I try to Reauthenticate, it takes me to the Google login to select the Google account. I select it. The first time it asks me to log in. I log in, the window closes and I get the message on Asasa email forward screen, “You must login to Google with an email address associated with this account.” So I try again. This time I do not have to log into Google since I’m already logged in. I just select the Google account. The window closes and I get the same message on Asana … endless loop.

1 Like

PS: I just tried logging out of all Google accounts and only logging into the one, but I still get the same loop.

I also tried an incognito window, in case there was a cookie or cache issue. Still same endless loop.

@Jay_Ligda welcome back to the forum! When you are prompted to login with Google are you logging in under the primary account in which the Asana account is associated with?

There is a tip mentioned in the Asana Guide that states: “If you use the Login with Google feature, you will instead be required to verify your Google account. A popup window will appear to log into Google, enter the credentials for the email address currently associated to your Asana account to initiate the process.”

If these are the steps you are taking, then I would recommend that you Contact our Support Team to assist you with adding a new email address to your account.

1 Like