Can I update Project custom fields using a form?

I have created few Portfolio custom fields to add at the project level.

I make sure that when I add a field to the form I link it to one in our library

I create the project with the form which I then send the to our users, they fil in the forms and set the custom field value on the project.

However the form submissions are not setting the custom field on the project (you can see here they are blank)

All I get is the submission creating a task and my responses are recorded as text in the description of the task.

Does anybody else have this use case? If so can you let me know how you got forms to populate custom fields on the project

Hi @Kevin_Reinhardt

Couple of things spring to mind:

1. is the form housed in this project where the new tasks are being created?
  2. are the fields linked to the custom fields in this specific project too?

Rashad

Hi @Rashad_Issa,

Yes it is housed in the project.

When you say are the fields linked to the custom fields in this specific project too?
The fields on the form are linked to the custom field saved in the library

Is this what you mean?

I believe what you need to do is to link the fields in the form to the fields in the project you want them populated at.

Check out this link - I believe it should solve your problem

https://help.asana.com/s/article/field-mapping-in-forms?language=en_US

Rashad

I’m afraid the above is the issue. You can’t connect form fields to project-level custom fields defined in a portfolio. You can only connect form fields to task-level custom fields defined in the project.

Thanks,

Larry

…unless the task is converted to a project and added to a portfolio with the same fields (that are added to the field library), then the fields in the portfolio will get populated with the same values as the converted task.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.