Can Asana do like a filtered overview

I am checking out Asana and don’t want to dismiss it because of ignorance. What we would like to be able to do is have multipal teams use the asana’s boards. That part I see asana could do. The next part is what i’m having trouble figuring out if asana can do. We would like for our director to be able to see what all the teams are working on… but based on a filter. So if we have teams like HR, Audit, Legal and each has boards with section of Open, Pending, Complete… we’d like for the director to have a view of all the teams boards but only the Open ones. I saw that there is portfolios and workloads but they don’t allow the filtering. Wondering if anyone has any ideas.

thanks

Hey @Shannon_Ramirez and welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Do you want him to see all tasks and details or just an overview in terms of how many open tasks, completed and so on?

Because if you want him to see the tasks also he could save all the relevant Asana projects as favourites.
Or you create one project for him with sections per category such as HR and multihome tasks so he only sees what he has to see.

Or you work with custom fields where you select a specific status for example for the ones you want him to see. Then you could run the advanced search and save reports based on the specific custom field.

1 Like

“Or you create one project for him with sections per category such as HR and multihome tasks so he only sees what he has to see.”

This might work for us. I created a project but i’m not seeing how to create sections. I’m sorry to ask for so much hand holding… but if your willing to continue to guide me through this… that would be great.
thanks

Sure so sections are basically the columns in the board view. Or in list view kind of headings.

Here is an overview on how to create them: Create & add sections in Asana | Product guide • Asana

Now for the other boards when you select tasks you want to have in the special board you created I recommend to bulk-edit (multi-select) as explained here: How to multi-select tasks | Product guide • Asana