Calling all Asana Admins! Have you checked out our new Admin Console?

Hi everyone,

I’m Jordan, a Product Manager here at Asana and I have some exciting news to share with all Asana Admins — we’ve now fully rolled out the new Admin Console!

With the new Admin Console, you can get key information about your organization’s Asana usage, add/remove members, adjust security, change billing info, and more — all in one place. We hope that this feature provides helpful insights into how your teams are leveraging Asana, so you can more easily manage your Asana deployments and share best practices across your organization.

To learn more about this new Admin Console, you can check out the updated article from our online Asana Guide. And, as always, we look forward to your questions and feedback — feel free to post in the comments below!

Happy Thursday!

10 Likes

It looks great, good work!

1 Like

Is this for a specific plan type? I don’t see this on my systems. My says “Admin Console BETA.” And I don’t see Insights in there. Technically I don’t think our plan has a true Admin.

3 Likes

Hi @Francesco_Alessi :wave:t3:

Can you please reach out to our support team (https://forum.asana.com/t/how-do-i-contact-support/19057/7?u=marie), so they can take a look into this for you? Make sure to let them know which Organization you’re referring to and if possible, I would recommend sharing with them a screenshot of what you’re seeing on your end! :slight_smile:

Please improve divisional console. The ability to provide multiple users access to the divisional console, not just the billing account, would be great start. Looks great though

5 Likes

@Jordan_Katz the new admin console is great! It’s especially encouraging to mouse-over the graph and see that people are using the tool - from the # of tasks created, completed, and comments.

My suggestion would be to make it more actionable:

• Could we see the least active members, so we can nudge them?
  • Is it possible to connect Asana Academy to each person’s profile so we can see who has completed trainings recently? That would be awesome to help guide adoption and reward ambassadors!

Thanks!

5 Likes

Yes I have. :wink:

Wow! Awesome!

I was very disappointed to see that I was not the most influential member. That made me sad. I will have to work on that.

I don’t know if there is more for higher plans, but as a premium user. it feels very similar to what we had previously, styled differently, cleaner and much better looking.

1 Like

Does anyone know when this will be fixed? I just asked our Asana admin to give me access to the admin console (because he apparently was not able to add a team I had created to our Enterprise instance without being added to the team) but he couldn’t do so because we are using Divisions and only the billing account can have access to the console. This seems like a very strange way to operate and we are keen on seeing this bug fixed as soon as possible.

1 Like

Please add this to Division consoles!

Vote for adding insights for divisions here: Adding Insights to Divisional/Team Admin Console

Easy to use admin centre. Insights is a great step forward and if we can get this at a team/project level, it would really help determine engagement within a business.

I have no access to that console. Can you please add? How else can I add members our business features?

HI @Tim_Farr :wave:t3: I’ve some great news to share with you! We just released a new update for our Division console! It includes the following:

1. New full screen UI
  2. An Insights tab (scoped to just the Division)
  3. Export CSV of Divisional Members List
  4. Search (by name & email), Sort (Name, Last Activity) & Filter members list (by member type) + Search bar
  5. Apps Tab
  6. Resources Tab
  7. Settings Tab (ability to change division name and request domain association)
  8. Security Tab (with read-only SAML)

Hope you enjoy this new update, let us know what you think!

3 Likes

Hello!

Is there a way for Admins to know the total amount of porjects running on a workspace? And the total amount of projects archived?

We would like to have this monthly kpi in the company: monthly projects archived vs. active projects

Thank you!

1 Like

I would like this also, to see who is struggling so we can help them. And great idea about the link with academy or even see if they have signed up for a webinar.

I would also like to see who invited who.
Currently we have no way of finding out who invited someone (and see what team/projects they are a part of) so we can bill back to that “team” internally.
Vote for this feature here: Admin Console: See who invited who

1 Like

Hi Jordan,
I can’t access the Admin Console on my account. I’m the owner and when I click on my picture it doesn’t show the Admin Console. I’ve searched for a phone number or online chat but Asana doesn’t provide any of these for customer support. It should be something fairly quick but apparently we need to raise a ticket and wait for customer support to come back. Can you pls let me know why my Admin Console isn’t showing on my account? Thanks.

Hi @Sylvia_Cardim_de_Mel and sorry for the trouble here.

The Admin console is only available with paid plan, so if you’re using the free version of Asana, the Admin console won’t be able for your Organisation.

If you do use the paid version, can you try following this path?

Click on your profile picture > Select “About My Organization”?