Admin Console Link Not Showing Up

I just now converted my Workspace to an Organization. This was so I can use the “Guests” feature for my contract workers.

After the change, the link to the “Admin Console” has disappeared? I can’t seem to navigate to the Admin Console and manage members. There doesn’t appear to be any way for me to add/remove Guests or anything?

Help appreciated!

Hi @Ryan_Knuppel and welcome to the Forum!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties here. From what I can see you have converted you Workspace into a Team Plan rather than an Organization plan and as it stands, The Admin Console is available for Admins of an Organization only.

To give you some context Organizations are broken down into [Teams]. These are subsets of people in an Organization who collaborate on projects with each other. Each team has its own Members and projects, Team Conversations, and Team Calendar. You can verify this in your Team Settings

You can verify your Billing Team following these steps. Additionally you can access your Team Settings following the steps outlined here.

If you wish to move your current Team plan for the entire Organization to have access to the Admin Console, please contact our Support Team requesting this change. They will be more than happy to assist you with this.

I hope this helps Ryan but please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Thanks! This does help. But how in the world did I manage to convert my plan to a “Team Plan”. I clicked “Convert to Organization”. LOL…

Whats the pricing difference between a Team Plan and an Organization Plan?

I have several support tickets open but it takes 24 hours each response and I’m needing help quick. Thanks for your help here – really appreciate it.

Ryan

HI @Ryan_Knuppel and thank you for the quick follow-up!

I would encourage you to follow-up with our Support Team as they are better equipped to take a closer look into this and provide you with more detailed information according to your current plan. Please note our team is currently tackling some backlog but they will be get back to you as soon as possible!

Apologies for not being able to assist you further via Forum Ryan but please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! Have a great Friday!