Calendar Project - reoccuring task not showing up in subsequent days/weeks

I am creating a project using the calendar function. I have set each task to either repeat weekly or daily, however, it is not showing up on the other days (other than the original).

1 Like

Hi @anon23022677, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

When you set up a recurring task, it will only appear on your Calendar for the next time the task is due, not every single time the recurring task is due in the future. Once you mark a recurring task completed, it will duplicate itself for the next time the recurring task is set to be due :slight_smile:

We have a thread in our #productfeedback category on this topic, so if you wish to see all tasks, I recommend you voting for this request here: Visibility of all Recurring tasks

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

This isn’t sufficient for people making content/social media calendars. If I know I want to post something every Tuesday on our business LinkedIn page… I want to see that for the whole year when I look at my calendar. Not great for marketers…

3 Likes

This is very obvious need to everyone. How can someone miss to implement this. You can just add a checkbox whether you want to display all the repetitive days or not. Is this a rocket science or what. Do you know just for this one feature you are losing hell not of clients.

2 Likes

This is such a BASIC function that literally every project manager on earth needs. The fact that this isn’t built into the core function of the calendar, is a serious deficiency.

There is no reason to use the Asana calendar at all if I can’t SEE all future tasks so I can plan accordingly.

Your functions should at the very least, match basic calendar functions. This is an epic fail.

I was hoping to transfer project visibility to Asana, but even Excel or MS calendar is the better platform for monthly planning.

How will we know when Asana has added this function?

Thanks that was really bugging me!

I am also having this issue - has this been solved??

Welcome, @Cheyanne_Wallace,

Did you see this reply (I just marked it as the solution)? It’s working as intended, even if not exactly how everyone would prefer.

Thanks,

Larry

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.