Bug: workload not displaying all projects

Bug: Workload is correctly adding points from all projects that appear under Workload/List. However Workload/Workload visual display is not displaying all projects. This issue was not present last week when similar display was used for sprint planning

Steps to reproduce:
There are two teammates in Portfolios/Workload with the same projects and only the ‘member’ and not the ‘owner’ have this problem. Even switching who is ‘owner’ does not solve the issue. Images description:
Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 9.36.24 AM shows all the projects contributing to points correctly to myself as team member.
Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 9.35.21 AM shows projects showing up correctly for owner “Alexis”.
Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 9.50.16 AM shows projects showing up incorrectly. In this example “Admin” project should show up between “Partnerships” and “Project Batlog”.

Once the forum clears me to upload more than one media item, I will upload the rest of the images.

Browser version: Chrome Version 111.0.5563.146 (Official Build) (arm64)

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)? Business

Upload screenshots below:

shows projects showing up correctly for owner “Alexis”.

shows projects showing up incorrectly. In this example “Admin” project should show up between “Partnerships” and “Project Batlog”.

Hi @Linet , this is strange. Are you saying that the user who cannot see the ‘Admin’ project in your Portfolio’s Workload view, can see it in the Portfolio’s List view?

Can you just check that this user is actually a member of the ‘Admin’ project?

2 Likes

We are experiencing the same issue, but it is only affecting some team members and not others. Everyone has the necessary access to each project. Has anyone found a fix for this?

1 Like

Hi everyone, sorry for the trouble with the workload feature. It seems that this issue would require some additional investigation with access to account-related information since it’s not affecting all users. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team directly as they will have the tools necessary to solve this. I’ll move this topic out of the ongoing bugs, but let me know if you run into issues contacting Support!

1 Like

Hi Richard, this user (me) is a member of all the projects listed.
To answer your and @Elle_Csaszar - the issue ended up being with a new limit on Asana’s Workload view. I submitted a feedback request where I got prompt reply from the Support team. They recently capped the total number of displayed events or “tasks” within Workload, and some projects had a lot of tasks to display.
Support team helped us resolve it and kindly offered to sit in on our Scrum planning sessions to see how we use Asana Workload.

Hi @Linet , that’s interesting. Do you recall the number of displayed tasks this is now limited to?

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.