Bug: Task lists revert to default view when switching between organization and workspace

Hi @Nicole_Freeman and thanks for reaching out! My sincere apologies for the inconvenience here. This bug is actually tied to another bug we need to fix first, before we can fix this one. I’m afraid I don’t have a proper timeline to share yet, but I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have an update internally.

Again, so sorry for the trouble and thank you so much for your patience and understanding!

Is there an ETA on fixing the bugs predecessor? This is pretty vital to staying organized and on task across projects and it seems to be going on for quite a bit.

1 Like

Hi @Rachel_Botts and thanks for reaching out!

I’ve just pinged this bug and requested and an ETA or possibly and updates; I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have more information on this topic!

Thank you!

1 Like

Any word on this? IMO, this is critical for staying organized.

Hi @Michael_Kelley, and my apologies for the delay in responding to you!

Unfortunately I don’t have a precise update to share today; our infrastructure team is currently carrying out some essential work in order to resolve this bug and are not yet in a position to give me a precise timeline for resolution; however rest ensured that I’m closely following this task in our internal Asana and that I will keep you posted as soon sa I have an update! Thanks again for your patience and sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in the meantime!

Hi folks :wave:t3:

Just a quick note to let you know this issue should now be fixed! Please make sure ti use “Save layout as default” before switching to your other Organisation!

1 Like

Hi Marie, could you please detail how you save the layout as default? I’m not seeing an option for this in Organisation My tasks. Thanks

I’m having this same issue. It seems that there was a website change. Anything that was set as “incomplete” or “all tasks” before, defaults back to that even after changing the view to the selected preference. Asana%20task
Please let us know when there is progress on making this fix.

Hi @Anastasia_Carnell and @Leah_Bank and apologies for the confusion, we’re currently rolling out Now rolling out to Asana users - our new project header! and as a result, a few options have been moved around! The Save as Default is now called “Save layout as default” and is located in the drop-down menu next to your project title:

Hope this helps!

Hi Marie,

That doesn’t help me sorry. My query is around saving a view on My Task view as a default.

EG: I am in My Task view and I want to always have my tasks saved by due date or project. There is no option to save this view. Please note, this is under my organisation, not my personal project.

Also, can you save sorted by project, then by due date?

Thank you

image.png

Hi @Anastasia_Carnell and thanks for the follow-up.

Yes, you can save your My task view sorted by due date or project (but you can sort them by both due date and project at the same time).

To save your My tasks sorted by Project simply, follow these steps:

1. Sort your My Tasks by Project as you would normally do
  2. Save layout as default as explained in the reply above

As I mentioned above you can’t sort any project or your My Tasks with two criteria (project and due date for example). But if you haven’t done so already, I would highly recommend you to vote on this thread from our #productfeedback category: Sorting in Asana

Hope this helps!