Broken Widget on Android

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Android widget doesn’t respond. If you click the links on the widget they don’t open up into the app. anymore. I tried to reinstall widget several times. Using latest update from the playstore.
Steps to reproduce:
Press a task on the widget
Browser version:
Chrome though using the Android App
Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Daoud_Himmo,

Thanks for the report and apologies for the trouble!

Can you confirm what version of Android and what version of the Asana app you’re using?

Could you also try to reinstall the Asana app itself and see if the issue persist?

I look forward to your reply!

I am using Xiaomi’s latest update 10.2.14.

I have deleted and reinstalled. The widget only works when you add it to the desktop the first time.

Hi @Daoud_Himmo :wave: Natalia here stepping in for @Marie!

Thank you very much for the follow-up and the screenshots shared.

I’ve gone ahead and filed a task for our Team to investigate this issue. We’ll get back to you as soon as we have an update!

1 Like

Hi @Daoud_Himmo :wave:

Our Development Team has pushed a fix for this issue and it should be now resolved. I’m marking this as resolved but please don’t hesitate to reach out again if you are still running into this issue!

Have a great Friday!

Unfortunely it is not resolved. I have just thought, I am using the Microsoft Launcher, could thay cause the conflict?

(Attachment Microsoft Launcher is missing)

Hi @Daoud_Himmo!

The fact that you are using a Microsoft Launch might indeed be the reason why it hasn’t been resolved for you. I’m just checking with the Development Team and I’ll come back to you as soon as I get an update.

Hi @Daoud_Himmo!

We weren’t able to reproduce this issue even using Microsoft Launch. Would you mind trying to reinstall the widget and the app as well and let us know if this issue persists?

Thank you for your cooperation! Looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

Hi @Daoud_Himmo! :wave:

I’m closing this thread since we haven’t heard back from you in the last two weeks. But please, if you are still running into this issue, don’t hesitate to reach out in the Forum! I’ll be more than happy to assist you further!

Have a great Thursday!