Android widget asking to be reconfigured, but nothing seems to help

For the past couple of weeks, I have not had a working Asana widget on Android. It just says “Something went wrong with this widget. Please reconfigure or open the app to get the latest updates.” It also has buttons to Reconfigure or Open App. When I hit Reconfigure, it lets me select My Tasks or a project. But that doesn’t change the widget; it just opens the app’s account page, as does hitting the Open App button.

I have tried creating a new widget and reinstalling the app.

I’m running Android 14. Asana app version 7.93.2. However, this also happens on my other device, a Samsung tablet.

6 Likes

Same problem here. Also running Android 14 but app is version 7.95.1.

Not sure why this is not being addressed. Facing the same issue here.

Same here! :roll_eyes:

I got a working widget by finding and reverting to version 7.91.3, pending a fix by Asana.

same.

something is wrong with Asana. how can this be broken and we don’t even get a confirmation from them they are aware of the issue? (nevermind fixing it…)

1 Like

Same here. Bugs can happen, but this time it’s taking quite long for it to be resolved. I use the widget daily. Please Asana let this work again soon. :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Have the same problem.

The asana widget has stopped working on my samsung

I’ve the obvious- reinstalling. But no luck.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

Same problem here :frowning:

1 Like

Got the same issue here. Running Android 14 and Asana latest version (7.95.4).

1 Like

Already asked here Android widget asking to be reconfigured, but nothing seems to help

Hi folks,

Multiple users have reported this issue (via this forum and other channels). Our team is looking into this and I’ll keep you updated as soon as I have an update on my end!

4 Likes

My steps to fix (until Asana comes up with a solution):

1. Uninstall Asana.
  2. Google “Asana 7.91.3 download”.
  3. Install it from a site you deem reliable.
  4. Disable auto-updates for Asana:
    a. Open the Google Play Store app
    b. Tap your profile image in the top right corner
    c. Select Manage apps & device
    d. Tap Manage
    e. Tap Asana
    f. Tap the three dots in the top right corner
    g. Uncheck Enable auto update

Once Asana comes out with a fix, I’ll turn auto-updates back on and get the latest version.

2 Likes

same here android 14 asana 7.94.1

I’m starting to get fed up with Trello’s downhill slide so finally decided to try something else. This is my experience so far :frowning:

Me too. Same thing. Same versions as listed by others abive. Fix please. Use the widget daily.

Same issue on Asana 7.95.4 with Andorid 14.

1 Like

Same here, asana 7.96.4

Same here

Google Pixel 8 - Latest Android.

Would have expected Asana to make this a high level priority solve right?