Bring back 'Convert task to template'

In a recent update to the task actions menu from the task details overflow ... button, there seems to no longer be the option to convert a task to a task template, as seen below:

BEFORE: as shown in the guide here

NOW:

@Forum-team , is this an A/B test or expected current behaviour?
Or is there a new method for achieving this useful feature?

8 Likes

@Richard_Sather Thank you for letting us know! This is weird. I just used this feature yesterday :thinking: I will escalate this to the engineering team and get back to you if there is any update :slight_smile: And I will move this thread to the bug section.

5 Likes

I have problem with it too!
How fast you can fix it?

1 Like

Oh you are right! I noticed this new menu layout today in the morning, however did not notice yet that convert to a task template is missing

2 Likes

I’m seeing the same thing! I really hope they can fix this soon.

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
In my account and all my clients’ accounts, the option to Save a Task as Template is suddenly missing from the 3-dot menu at the top right of the task pane.

Did it move somewhere else or was it removed entirely?
Really, really hoping it wasn’t removed.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open any task within a project, using a member account with editing permissions
  • Click the 3-dot menu
  • You’ll see the option to “Save Task as Template” is gone.

Browser version:

• Chrome Version 114.0.5735.199 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Firefox Version 114.0.2 (64-bit)

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Asana Business

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Bryan_TeamKickstart,

This bug fix is in progress so I’ll merge you post with that thread.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Hey,
Is there already duedate for the finish of the bug fix? I ran in to this issue today and if there was no date in sight I would need to do a lot of handiwork to transfer a task into a template.

1 Like

We are not yet sure this is considered a bug :sweat_smile: :scream:

We are not yet sure this is considered a bug :sweat_smile: :scream:

The stuff nightmares are made off … :grin:

Seeing the same issue. Looking forward to the fix!

A nightmare is being hired by a company using Monday after becoming an Asana expert :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Bastien_Siebman
This is blocking a major roll out of multiple new templates that are needed urgently this week.
Do you have any update on a timeline on when this will be fixed?!

@Nao_Kumazaki tagging you here as well for an update.

I don’t work for Asana I have no idea.

@Nao_Kumazaki , this seems to be reinstated in some of my clients’ Asana instances (unless they were unaffected by it and I/they didn’t previously notice).

However, the ‘Convert task to template’ is still a separate option (as before) instead of bundled under the rest of the ‘Convert to’ options which would make more sense…

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the reports! The product team confirmed this was a bug and they fixed the issue. Please refresh your browser if you still don’t see the option :slight_smile:
I will close this thread but if you haven’t see it, please let us know.

Hi @Richard_Sather This could be a good product feedback!

3 Likes

Thanks @Nao_Kumazaki , I’ve created a new topic in the Product Feedback section here, where people can vote for this:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. :clap:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.