Boards: Compact View for Cards

Is there any way to configure the cards not to show the image thumbnail on the boards view? It takes too much space.

4 Likes

Completely agree on this. As soon as you have more than a few (maybe 5?) cards you have to scroll all the time. Iā€™d also appreciate it if there was a way to reduce the fontsize of the card titles.

1 Like

@Gregory_Hitz, I saw soon after I posted the question that Asana released the option to no image from the Choose Cover Image selection. This at least helps me see the boards tidier.

Bumping this because itā€™s not been addressed, I hate using Asana boards because I have zero visibility without using a gigantic monitor. I use competitorā€™s products for board management but would rather do it all in one place.

Iā€™m surprised this hasnā€™t been done yet, the Boards view is quite bulky and hard to use at scale.

1 Like

@Asana - can we get this fixed please??? Trello does a much better job at this

4 Likes

Hi there, I would really like the ability to choose which information is shown on the cards. Ideally as you remove information, the card shrinks to maximize screen usage.

** It would also be really useful to be able to put multiple sections in one column if desired

3 Likes

I will try to use Miro but it would be best to have it all in one place

It would be wonderful to have a ā€˜compactā€™ board view, where the tiles took up perhaps 1/3 as much space, making it look more like a spreadsheet where you can view many rows at once. I can currently view 7 rows on a 27" monitor, and only 4 rows on my small laptop.

I believe many users would appreciate the ability to view something more like ~15-20 rows at a time, depending on screen size.

Creating a compact view could be accomplished by moving the ā€œassign taskā€, ā€œadd due dateā€, and ā€œlikeā€ buttons to the ā€œ. . .ā€ menu, and perhaps reducing the size of the whitespace borders around each card.

7 Likes

Yes please! It is unnecessary to have the tiles be so large, especially when you canā€™t even write any more underneath the first line anyway, it looks like a bunch of blank space in the bottom of the tile when instead they could be smaller and I could see more of them at one time without having to scroll down (and then I canā€™t see the ones above). Thank you!

Hi,
The board view is great, but the cards take too much space without showing any info. Please consider compacting their size, and maybe showing description and subtasks on the card if possible.

5 Likes

I agree, the cards could definitely be more compact. The font size is much larger than it needs to be.

Yes, this would be great. Maybe a condensed view and expanded view (similar to gmail options). Condensed view would then look more like list view in columns on the Board.

Cards are massive compared to Trello - we just converted & this is my biggest dislike

4 Likes

Three years and no reply on this?

3 Likes

Visibility is poor right now for sprint boards, product roadmapping etc. Should at least be an option to toggle to condensed view.

2 Likes

Agree with this one - we have a lot of tasks, and it is taking up too much space for the space.
Any update on this one?

2 Likes

PLEASE do this!!

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like