Average Time to Complete -- Reporting

I saw this topic regarding dashboards, but not for the reporting function. I was messing around with some reporting metrics and stumbled upon “Average Time to Complete” a task as shown through projects (see below)

This one chart is great for reporting to upper management and also super humbling for a project manager such as myself :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I am having trouble seeing value in such a metric since all tasks and projects have really various sizes, isn’t it?

It depends on how you utilize your portfolios really. This was just a general portfolio of ours, but if you break it down to be more specific it becomes more valuable

What are the project parameters to define the average time to complete by the project? Is it the creation date and the project is marked “Done”? Or is the time calculated by incomplete/completed tasks in the project?

I’m trying to use this time reporting feature more, however, I need more insight on time to complete calculations to configure our projects.